Wednesday, February 01, 2006

intro

I have finally caved in. Obviously it was just a matter of time, viciously fending off inspiration after inspiration. But I broke down, found blogger.com, and started running (all during class time when I should have been building cardboard models).

The straw that broke this Camel's back came when I realized just how practical this outlet can be. I had seen dozens of blogs with political bends, artistic endeavors, and loud cyber hollering. But to me, the most intriguing use was from a couple simple travel blogs, where wandering students published their photos and journals as they traveled Europe for all their family and friends to share.

Given my own plans for this summer, I found this to be a great way to stay in touch with home and stimulate the viewers' own memories and ideas (there is a place to post). I soon recalled, however, my favorite book of the past six months, "The Last Undiscovered Place", which reminded that the most exotic destination to write home about may be exactly where you are every day.

And so, here we go. I hope to share more of DC, more of the infamous Studio, maybe even spark discussion, or newer versions of the blog, or who knows. Perhaps, just as people with new digital cameras often find themselves taking more pictures, the thought of posting may make me more aware of what's around me. Ultimately, I hope to scale down the distance among us all; instead of reaching out to touch someone, perhaps it may just draw us all in. It is an experiment and will evolve. Feel welcome, visit often, and participate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is probably the worst blog ever!!!

My wife, however, seems to think that this is a wonderful form of self-psychotherapy and she hopes to learn alot from (about) you.

-Karet

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... since when are you a writer? stop being so artsy and do your work.

you rock my world jth

-kmh

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home